Can I have a quote for solar?
We often get asked this question – and the answer is yes, of course.
However, the person asking sometimes expects a firm price on the spot.
This is a bit like walking into a car showroom and asking how much is a car, when obviously, it depends on the make and model etc.
Asking for a solar power quote has similar issues, with plenty more to consider.
Listed below are some of the things that can affect your quote.
Property & buildings
- Location (where do you live)?
- Will solar be installed on a house, shed, large farm or industrial shed, or ground mounted?
- Is the building single or multi-storey?
- Do you have a single or multi-phase power supply?
- How far away is the grid power connection?
- Does incoming power connect to a shed first?
- Do you have a central meter box with separate feeds to multiple buildings?
- Does the meter panel have a service fuse or isolation device?
- Is the electricity meter an old-style basic meter or a modern smart meter?
- What is the cable size of your electrical service and mains?
- Do you have a very old meter panel that needs upgrading?
- Flat roof or pitched roof?
- What is the roof pitch?
- Do you have a Tile roof or Tin roof?
- If a tiled roof, what type of tiles?
- If a tin roof, is it corrugated iron, Klip-Lok, Trimdek, or other type material?
“At SolarWise Wagga our philosophy is simple, we aim to provide relevant and reliable information, quality service, and the highest grade of products at a competitive price.”