A Level 2 assessment builds upon the outcome and information obtained from a Level 1 assessment.
Site specific information is examined in more detail, and a Financial Feasibility Analysis & Report is completed.
The aim is to identify the most financially profitable outcome for your proposed solar power project.
Level 2 Assessment consists of the following:
Meter data / load profile acquisition
If available, interval data for the most recent 12 months is obtained from digital electricity meters and is used to generate average hourly load profiles for typical weekdays, Saturday and Sunday for each month.
Alternatively, the load profile of the site can be estimated based on discussions with the client and typical times of electrical consumption. A preset load profile similar to your business type and situation can be applied.
Data logging, load analysis
Accurate hourly consumption data is essential to determine the ratio of site-consumed to grid-exported solar electricity. This information forms the basis of a solar installation’s financial case.
Data logging instruments can be installed for a period of time to gather load profile data.
Detailed shading analysis where required
A more detailed analysis is performed for any shading issues identified.
Optimum solar PV system sizing
Detailed modelling is conducted to provide an appropriate and optimum solar PV system size with consideration of:
- Available roof area, site constraints and local shading lengths/losses
- Hourly electrical load profile, PV output maximises offset of peak load while minimising export to the grid.
- Maximising the financial return to the end client
- Grid connection constraints
Available finance options are presented and discussed in detail.
Financial assessment & modelling
A commercial solar assessment includes a detailed financial assessment, and modelling of the costs and revenues associated with the proposed solar power system projected over its design life.
- The analysis and assessment includes:
- Calculated annual solar PV outputs
- Calculated annual savings
- Projected annual increases in electricity prices
- Annual maintenance costs
- Tax depreciation benefits
- Renewable energy certificate revenue (STC)
- A financial projection of the installation over its design life
- Simple financial payback
- Internal rate of return
- Net present value
- A detailed financial presentation of expenses and incomes over the installation’s design life.