LG Electronics, Inc. (LG) is a widely diversified global leader and technology innovator in the consumer electronics. Unlike some rival panel manufacturers's fortunes, who rise and fall with the ups and downs of the solar industry, LG manufactures a wide range of products such as flat panel TVs, home appliances, communication equipment and solar modules.
When you are buying a solar module from LG you are dealing with an international company that has the capacity and longevity to provide a reliable backup and makes their warranties count.
LG Solar Panel Warranty Information
The history of LG’s solar business can be traced back to the mid-1980’s, when the LG central research laboratory started R&D on solar technologies. LG considers the solar power business not as a mere business expansion, but an important growth engine for the LG Group.
Today solar manufacturing across the world is going through a consolidation phase. A similar consolidation occurred in TV manufacturing 20 years ago. From a field of many manufacturers, only a small number manufacture flat panel TVs today. LG is one of those leaders. We believe that solar will follow a similar scenario.
LG overall has sold over 1.2 million solar panels in Australia since 2010 with overall less than 50 panels being returned via warranty claims as at September 2019. LG still holds compatible panels of every panel sold since 2010 in their warehouse in Eastern Creek, Sydney as well as in Gumi, South Korea.
LG Warehouse with supply of all panel models for warranty replacements
If you are considering purchasing LG solar panels, then please take the time to read our warranty brochure for all the details.
Here is a summary of the key warranty advantages:
- LG solar panels are manufactured in Gumi, South Korea and is a fully automated solar panel production facility. As a result of the automated processes, every solar panel has to be within hundreds of a millimeter the same as the next.
- LG solar modules have been manufactured with great care and undergoes final functionality testing, prior to shipment. Our input materials and manufacturing processes are subject to strict quality control and our product testing laboratory has been certified by TUV Rheinland of Germany and Underwriters Laboratories, USA, a first in the solar industry.
- The warranty is provided by LG Electronics subsidiary in Australia. Therefore for any warranty claim you deal with the LG head office in Eastern Creek, near Sydney, not an overseas company.
- We provide you with a 25 years manufacturer’s warranty on modules (parts and labour). Being a diversified manufacturer this means LG’s warranty is backed up by multiple income streams, an important factor during the uncertain times of the solar industry. Subject to the terms of the warranty document, LG will for a period of twenty five (25) years from the date of purchase authorise a free of charge repair or replacement of the module, for a manufacturing defect.
- The warranty also covers labor and transport close to major population areas. LG do not just give you a replacement panel, we make sure it is installed properly.
- LG offers you a transferable warranty, so if you sell your property, the warranty transfers to the new owner.
- LG solar also operates a dealer network across Australia. So in years to come, should your existing solar installer not be in business, there will still be an authorized LG solar dealer taking care of your system. We call it the peace of mind proposal.
LG is easy to contact via our direct 1300 number which connects you with the LG office in Eastern Creek via 1300 152 179. For more details regarding our solar panel warranty please download the solar warranty document.